Internal audit is an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve an organization's operations. It helps an organization acomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
Low level internal controls and procedures can lead in increasing operation risk, default risk, cause problems among the human resources of a company and result in wasted management time. Internal audit is one of the most useful tools a management team of a company can have, in order to achieve better control within the company and to have early warning indicators of upcoming financial and non-financial problems so that it can continue properly its operations.
In periods like now during which rapid changes in the Romanian business sector take place there is a need for industry experts with extensive experience and deep understanding in the areas of internal controls, internal procedures, and manuals, as well as risk management. Such knowledge and expertise can provide independent advice to help companies raise or retain finance on the most appropriate terms using innovative tools.
Who needs Internal Audit?
- Businesses wishing to analyse their risk profile and effectively respond to it
- Businesses aiming to strengthen their control environment
- Businesses wishing to ensure that their operational practices are in accordance with the law
- Businesses aiming to align their IT environment with their strategic objectives and internal procedures
Why to do an Internal Audit now:
- Add value by establishing an official system of internal controls
- Improve efficiency and effectiveness of operations
- Assist accomplishing the company’s objectives
- Meet the requirements of Stock Exchange
- Reduces risk of fraud